Sunday, 29 June 2014

Ardsley Christ Church, Alfred Dalton Bond Bell

Barnsley Independent 15 January 1917 (thanks to Barnsley Archives)


War Memorials Archive listing

War Memorials Online listing

Newspaper Research by KingstoneHistory

Ardsley Memorial Gift

A new bell has been presented to the Ardsley Parish Church by Mrs A. D. Bond, of Ardsley Lodge, in memory of her husband, the late Lieutenant A. D. Bond, who died while serving in His Majesty's Forces.  The new bell weighs 1 1/3 cwt., and bears the inscription: - "Alfred Dalton Bond, 1888 - 1916."  After the dedication of the bell by the Vicar it was runf for the first time by Master Derek Bond, son of the donor.

Alfred Dalton Bond is also remembered on the Ardsley, Christ Church, Christ Church Parishioners - WW1 Plaque  and the Barnsley St Mary's Combined War Memorial.

He is buried in Ardsley Christ Church Churchyard cemetery and remembered on the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website.


No comments: